Listen to the testimony from previous interns
Editorial and Public Relations Internship:
Up Cancer is committed to educating, engaging , and empowering young adult cancer survivors, friends, and family though the 5 stages of cancer survivorship: diagnoses, treatment, remission, terminal, and death. Up Cancer objective is to become the leading young adult cancer survivor organization in the world.
Position: As an intern, you will be working with the Editorial and Public Relations National Team working with the following Up Cancer departments: Marketing, Social Media, Educational Events Coordinator, Editor, and Merchandising Team. Internship is during fall, spring, and summer based on your schedule .
You remotely from home, and meetings are held Monday nights with other interns across the country via video conferencing. Volunteer Internship are 3-10 hours a week, and flexible with your schedule. If possible, we will with your college, so you can get college credit.
Editorial and Public Relations Team Responsibilities:
- Write and edit content for Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer website
- Editing and double checking all marketing, legislative liaison, social media, educational events coordinator, editor, and merchandising team written content
- Develop story and content ideas for monthly newsletter and multi-media content
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines and budget requirements. Write and edit articles
- Research, produce, edit and curate compelling content for multiple platforms: website, newsletter, email, press releases, video, photography, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues and meet with Marketing and SEO Team, Educational Events Coordinator, and merchandising team to develop story ideas based on educating and empowering the community though various marketing/engagement objectives and strategic communication
- Transform content created for print media to be well formatted for and successful in digital channels, including social media
- Assisting in managing presence on social media platforms; social media team in interacting with constituents on social platforms to support marketing, promotions, outreach, customer service and engagement priorities
- Update master calendar with new content on a monthly basis
- Extend marketing strategy into digital and social touch points
- Apply technology and analytics to identify trends and deliver superior customer service to key constituents in social media
- Work with merchandising team to promote Up Cancer merchandise
- Engage in conversations with young adult cancer survivors, caregivers, donors, medical, and news media to increase Up Cancer brand and community engagement
As an intern you will become a better writer, team work, blogging, and PR
Interns do not pay any fees.
The internship is based on your schedule. Internships are available via semester, academic school year, or during the summer. Our goal is to help you build your resume for the future and gain a rich experience on how to work with a team and make a difference helping young adults dealing with cancer.
Interns will be supervised by CEO though email, phone calls, and team work video conferencing