The UTSA Donor Relations team is seeking a highly organized, proactive and solution oriented individual, skilled at communicating effectively with internal and external audiences, to serve as a Development Assistant. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the front desk receptionist for the Office of the Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations; greet and director visitors, answer phone calls, take messages and deliver them promptly, sort and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Assist with activities related to donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Assist with planning and implementing on- and off-campus donor visits and events to include but not limited to coordination/procuring of location, facilities, technical services, décor, marketing, catering, and day-of-event coordination.
- Make phone calls on behalf of development officers; schedule donor appointments.
- Assist with drafting and sending letters and emails to donors.
- Prepare reports, proposals and other collateral for donors.
- Act on behalf of the central development team to handle inquiries of highly sensitive and confidential nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of donor relations, development, or other relevant administrative experience supporting activities that advance fundraising efforts.
Additional experience/education may substitute for education/experience on a one for one basis.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; experience interacting with both internal and external constituencies at all levels.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, handle diverse tasks, and balance competing priorities.
- Must be able to work without close supervision; possess strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to be resourceful, proactive and self-motivated.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and manage details for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to transport event supplies and to travel to external meetings/events using a personal vehicle.
- Must have a valid driver’s license by first day of employment.
- Three years of fundraising, administrative or other relevant experience.
- Administrative, fundraising or events management experience.
- Familiarity with the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
- Similar experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship process.
- Development writing experience.