JOB TITLE: Human Resource Specialist
The Human Resource Specialist handles all aspects of human resources work. This position has duties in all areas of human resources including recruitment, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training, as well as the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs.
1. Bachelor’s degree with a Human Resource emphasis or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Experience in administering Human Resource duties provided in the workforce including State/Federal employment laws (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ACA, Civil Rights, etc.), REP reporting, and employee benefits coordination.
3. Experience with the process of recruitment, development, and evaluation of employees.
4. Experience with the Michigan Public Schools fingerprint process, background checks, and school safety legislation.
5. Experience with the collective bargaining process and employee contract maintenance.
6. Excellent skills in interpreting Michigan School Code, board policy, administrative guidelines, and contracts.
7. Excellent technology skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, MUNIS, PowerSchool, Frontline Education, and aptitude to learn State compliance reporting web applications.
8. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with staff, administrators, community members, and service providers.
9. Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with ability to successfully multitask with competing priorities.
10. Excellent initiative and leadership qualities to improve the organization through teamwork, vision, and service to others.
11. Excellent professional judgment and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
~$50,000 – $60,000 salary commensurate with experience/education. Full year position. Up to full family insurance benefits. Vacation/Holiday pay, Non-affiliated position.
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
DEADLINE FOR APPLYING: October 20, 2020
STARTING DATE: ASAP
To be considered as a candidate, you must submit an online application by the deadline by going to www.oakridgeschools.org and clicking on Job Opportunities under Quick Links. Additional required documents must be uploaded including a cover letter, resume, most recent evaluation, three references, and university transcripts.