The Manager of Multicultural Marketing is part of the Marketing Specialist team within the Milwaukee Brewers Marketing department. This position will work closely with the VP of Marketing to define marketing plans for growth targets with a focus on multicultural audiences in the metro Milwaukee area. This role will lead development and execution of marketing communication programs designed to build brand awareness and brand affinity among outreach audiences of all types with the goal of expanding the Milwaukee Brewers fan base, driving ticket sales, merchandise sales, and venue services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Strategy & Planning:
· Work with MBBC’s Strategy and Analytics team to develop consumer insights for passive fans and diverse audiences in our market; use insights to inform the development and delivery of marketing plans to drive growth of our fan base and programs to engage multicultural audiences.
· Identify core opportunities as focus areas to improve brand health among outreach audiences.
· Engage with internal and external sponsorship partners to ensure a successful integration of marketing strategies for multicultural programming, specifically the sponsored Community Nights and related marketing communications.
· Collaborate with MBBC Community Relations and other Club stakeholders to increase brand visibility in the metro Milwaukee community in support of key marketing initiatives.
· Partner with community media outlets to create promotional programs geared toward introducing and strengthening the Brewers brand among multicultural markets.
- Understand MBBC’s brand and marketing goals to ensure projects track toward established objectives.
· Lead MBBC consumer marketing efforts to build brand awareness and affinity among outreach audiences, expanding the Brewers fan base to include a broader representation of our community population.
· In collaboration with other Marketing Specialists, work across the marketing team to ensure campaigns and media plans appropriately support multicultural marketing efforts.
· Manage the development and execution of marketing initiatives focused on fan engagement for all growth targets. Responsibilities will include marketing and program execution for Community Nights, Kids Crew Club, Student Nights, and various community outreach programs.
· Project manage all multicultural advertising (paid and owned media) and marketing communications, and other growth marketing projects, as assigned.
· Serve as main point of contact to assigned internal stakeholders, leading and managing their requested projects from creative brief through execution.
· Assess project requests for prioritization and organizational value to determine the best approach to meet stakeholder needs and expectations, optimizing efficiency with appropriate level of effort.
· Develop creative briefs and present to stakeholder(s) and creative team.
· Serve as liaison between assigned stakeholders and internal creative and production team.
· Oversee and track assigned projects within project management tool.
· Communicate frequently and effectively in order to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and ensure project needs are being met on time and on budget, and meet a high standard of excellence
· Work closely with the VP of Marketing and MBBC’s Strategy and Analytics team to execute the Club’s media strategy based on consumer segmentation, the marketing mix, current trends and fan research findings.
· Work with the Marketing Specialist team to develop media plans aligned to marketing strategy and budget for various integrated marketing campaigns.
· Attend bi-weekly touch base meetings with the Club’s media agency for ongoing review of media strategy and to plan upcoming campaigns.
· Schedule and traffic advertising assets for assigned marketing campaigns.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Fluency in Spanish required
· Cultural fluency required; understanding of U.S. and non-U.S. communities and cultures is essential
· Ability to influence and build sustainable relationships with strategic partners at all levels
· Must demonstrate strong initiative; a self-starter with exceptional project management skills
· Attention to detail with high standards for work product
· Experience working with a creative team, providing marketing strategy and insights for creative development process
· Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Passion for baseball a plus
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Google and Alphabet products, and Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written, required; additional languages valued. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, which may include heat, cold and various forms of precipitation.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Requires some business-related travel.
Business hours are Monday – Friday 9 am – 5pm, however, additional hours will be required on weekends, evenings and some holidays during the baseball season.