The Idaho State Police (ISP) has a current opening for a Financial Technician in Meridian. This position will analyze, research, forecast, and reconcile complex financial documents; ensure compliance with laws, rules, and policies; perform related work.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
Example of Duties
- Independently perform specialized financial record keeping, maintenance, review, verification, and support functions
- Use bookkeeping methods and procedures to prepare work/spread sheets, standardize summaries and reports, and perform reconciliation
- Use automated systems and system software to enter, retrieve and edit financial data, and prepare financial documents
- Research accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors in financial transactions
- Has latitude in explaining and applying policies, procedures or regulations, and in determining if financial data meets compliance standards
Good Knowledge of: Financial Record Keeping
- Researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports
- Using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit financial data
- Using Microsoft Office suite, including MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word
- In reviewing accounts payable and accounts receivable for processing and generating related reports
- Using the State of Idaho STARS system
- Using State of Idaho Statewide Accounting System
- Experience training others in the use of financial/accounting software as an assigned duty
- Experience processing a payroll
- Experience independently applying policies, procedures, or regulations in determining if financial transactions are in compliance
- Experience updating/modifying financial-related desk procedure manuals
- Experience contacting individuals outside your employer’s business either in person or by telephone to explain and/or respond to financial transaction inquiries
- Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining financial data both verbally and in writing including explaining concepts to non-technical people
- Experience preparing written correspondence
Please make sure your resume and personal information contained in your profile supports your answers to the questions.
Please apply online via the job link before the expiration date of 4-21-21. See the online job link to view all related job details and information.