School Social Worker/Student Advocate
Send Resume to email@example.com
The Social Worker/Student Advocate is a full time, non-supervisory position. The Focus Learning Academy Social Worker/Student Advocate works to reduce barriers to education. The School Social Worker/Student Advocate will work with the faculty, staff, community and family to assist students with social, emotional, behavioral and academic concerns. The School Social Worker/Student Advocate will provide various individual and group services to meet the needs of the student population. The School Social Worker/Student Advocate will also serve on the Administrative Team and bring expertise to the educational process with an in-depth understanding of the psychosocial development of students and influences of family, community, and cultural differences. The Social Worker/Student Advocate reports to the Director.
POINTS OF INTEREST
· Four- day work week: Focus is open Monday through Thursday;
· Stable, successful school environment with over 17 years of successful academic offerings
· Professional, effective, friendly staff and administration
· Administrative staff members are former teachers.
· Full-time with excellent retirement benefits (STRS or SERS), health, dental, life, and vision insurance.
• Member of the administrative team
• Conduct assessment of student needs and issues
• Duties to include promoting regular school attendance, conduct home visits when needed, advocate for students
• Provide culturally competent services
• Conduct groups as needed for topics such as self-esteem, anger management, impulse control, social skills, pregnancy prevention, parenting and substance abuse
• Provide crisis intervention services as needed
• Participate in the evaluation of special education placements; member of the Intervention Assessment Team (IAT)
• Provide short/long-term case management services to individual students, documenting as appropriate
• Resource person with referral to community agencies as appropriate, coordinating of services
• Assist in developing and implementing maternity plans for appropriate students
• Coordinate drop out prevention programs
• Report suspected child abuse/neglect to appropriate authorities
• Oversee and intervene on issues of attendance for students; assisting as needed to ensure daily attendance
• Promote parental involvement in the schools
• Serve as a liaison between the school/family/community
• Participate in referrals and case management of students/families involved in the court system
• Identification of barriers to educational achievement
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as role model for students
• Conducts other duties as assigned by the Director.
• Manage and keep appropriate records and documentation on all involved students
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or counseling from an accredited college or university
• Ohio License in social work or counseling preferred
• Experience with at risk youth and families