This position involves collecting and processing revenues, performing customer service, and licensing activities within the Finance Department. Work is completed independently within the limits of established practices, policies and regulations, and without immediate supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Performing all duties needed to process revenue transactions including, but not limited to, opening or closing the collections area daily, selling passes and licenses for various city departments, processing payments for utility billing, tax billing, general billing, and under the general direction of the Account Clerk III – Cash Services.
• Reconciling all monies collected for daily financial records, operating a cash drawer including receiving and disbursing of cash, checks, and credit/debit cards. Compiling and balancing end of day reports, and problem solving to correct cash drawer discrepancies.
• Providing the general public with information about city departments, resolving or redirecting questions and concerns. Answering questions over the phone, by email and in person regarding city operations. Working cohesively with internal customers to answer questions, provide services, and problem solve discrepancies.
• Performing related data entry, filing and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree in Business Administration or related field is desirable.
• At least one year of related experience in cashiering, bookkeeping and/or banking
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of cash handling procedures.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of personal computers and office software.
• Knowledge of customer service principles.
• Ability to maintain effective relations with the public and co-workers.
• Ability to operate office machines and cashiering equipment.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the City may consider a combination of education, training and experience, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Phone, personal computer, receipt printer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, and 10-key calculator.
The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hand and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet.
Formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, background check and job related test may be required.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.