Nonprofit Administration Intern
Now Accepting Applications For:
Winter / Spring 2024
The Nonprofit Administration Intern will have the opportunity to support ACT in a variety of areas. This internship is intended to offer a broader educational experience of nonprofit administration, including fund development, financial admin, organizational planning, and art classes.
ACT empowers individuals with disabilities to learn, grow and celebrate through the arts. To learn more about our programs, see our website at www.artistscreatingtogether.org.
Duties & Educational Opportunities – this position can be tailored to a candidate’s interests within the following:
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment, orientation sessions, and other correspondence
- Database entry support for donations and donor interactions
- Assisting with financial deposit preparation and/or drafting donation receipts
- Assistance with mailings, outreach materials, and social media content creation
- Supporting programs and events as needed
- ACT is a small organization, with an “all hands on deck” mentality as needed – other duties may arise
Reports to: Development Director
10-25 hours/week (consistent weekly schedule, with some exceptions for special events)
Preferred hours include:
- Generally, between the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday
- Monday or Tuesday evening until 6:30pm
- Flexibility for pre-planned special events during weeknights and weekends
Skills & Characteristics
- Reliable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about the mission of ACT; the arts/cultural community and offering programs to people with disabilities
- Experience working with diverse populations; understands importance of communications that reflect both diverse representation and inclusivity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Internships generally follow with the semester schedule, with some flexibility as needed. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a completed application form (available on ACT website) to email@example.com.
This opportunity is unpaid. Academic credit available.
Artists Creating Together – 1140 Monroe Ave NW Ste 4101, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 – 616.885.5866 – artistscreatingtogether.org