Become a specialist on natural language generation and help build state-of-the-art AI systems. Your input will be used to develop better natural language understanding systems for British English.
6 months fixed-term employee, part-time
This is a salaried position, compensation to be determined based on skills and past experience.
Successful candidates must be able to work at client sites in the San Francisco Bay Area once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
- Work with Appen’s client to produce high quality natural language and mark it up with annotations that provide information about the semantics/meaning of natural language text
- Use categories such as domains, intents, and slots to mark words and phrases in text utterances
- Manage and track changes in the scenario database
- Review and update annotation guidelines and guard data quality
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Language Technologies, Computer Sciences, or related field
- Interest in practical as well as theoretical linguistics, especially syntax, semantics, and pragmatics
- Facility with computers and software applications.
- Familiarity with basic Python, SQL and script writing
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements, priorities, and revisions
- Cooperative, solution-oriented attitude
- Eagerness to learn new skills and work quickly
- Analytic mindset with strong attention to detail
- Ability to review examples and apply rules to data
- Native speaker of British English
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree and/or industry experience
- Experience working remotely
- NLG annotation experience
If this resonates with you, or if you feel like you would excel in the role, apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.