At Aquinas, you can choose to do an internship for credit towards graduation:
- Earn up to a total of 12 credits (divided into multiple semesters or completed all at once) for internship while enrolled as an undergraduate.
- A 3-credit internship (the minimum) equals 150 hours total or 10 hours/week for 15 weeks. (6 credits = 300 hours or 20 hours/week etc. )
- Students may earn credits as a required (or elective) part of your major or minor (see College catalog details) or for general elective credits that count towards the 120 needed to graduate. Speak with your Faculty Advisor on the best option for you.
- Tuition and fees apply.
- Internships for credit also require additional coursework and seminars meant to further develop you as a professional.
- An on-site visit with the Internship Director, student intern, supervisor/mentor and a faculty member will be coordinated at the mid-point. Many interns state the on-site visit was an incredibly helpful component of the internship experience.
For information on registering your internship for credit, click here.
Zach Boensch interned at the “Free Beer and Hot Wings Show.” Listen to him on the show here.
Is it an internship? All internships for credit must be approved by your advisor, the Internship Director and in some cases a faculty chair. Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it a new learning experience?
- Could someone else apply for this as a part-time position and not an internship?
- Are you assigned a mentor who is an expert in his/her field?