Alumni Spotlight – Megan Lareau

Meet one of our Aquinas College alumni, Megan Lareau!

About the Alum

Megan graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a Theatre Emphasis and French. She earned a B1 Certification in French from Le Centre International d’Études Françaises in Angers, France where she completed a study away program.

While at Aquinas, Megan worked as a Student Ambassador and completed the Disney College Program. She also worked with Merlin Entertainments as a Guest Experience Host for the Michigan Cluster.

Megan is the Cluster Admissions Shift Lead for SEALIFE Aquarium and LEGOLAND Discover Center in Michigan.

Favorite Memory

I loved my time giving tours as a Student Ambassador. I especially loved guiding group tours around campus in the fall.

Advice for New Students

College is what you make it. Take every opportunity and take time to find what really interests you.

Did you Have Any Mentors?

I was very fortunate to connect with so many great people at Aquinas. Among those that made an impact on my life are Penny Avery, Dave Weinandy, and Tim Ramsay. Penny was my advisor and always made an effort to connect with me and push me to great things. Dave, though I only had him for a few classes, provided honest insight that helped build up my self-confidence. Tim played an instrumental part in my AQ career by working hard to make the France 2020 study away a great experience despite the ups and down of spring 202; He always looked out for us.

By Dana Hebreard
Dana Hebreard Director, Advantage Center and Career Services