Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to develop students’ skills and competence in one or more fields of science, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, and physics; develops students skills and abilities in scientific methods and problem-solving, as well as an understanding of the application of science in the solution of practical problems.
Worthington School District 518 is seeking a High School (9-12) Biology and/or Earth Science Teacher for the 2023-24 school year. Applicants must hold a valid Minnesota teaching license. Experience working with a diverse student population, collaboration, experience utilizing programs and strategies that increase student achievement preferred. Please send cover letter, resume, application and credentials via the District’s website at www.isd518.net. Salary will be as per the Teacher Master Agreement. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
- Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of a wide range of science subject areas, including general science, earth science, biology, physiology, chemistry, physics, and other related areas (e.g., mathematics).
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- State Certification as a Science Teacher or as required for position.
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Worthington School District to provide equal employment opportunity for all, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.