Listen to the testimony from previous interns
Marketing, Branding, and Social Media Internship:
Up Cancer is committed to connecting, educating, and empowering young adult cancer survivors, friends, and family though the 5 stages of cancer survivorship: diagnoses, treatment, remission, terminal, and death. Up Cancer objective is to become the leading young adult cancer survivor organization in the world.
Position: As an intern for Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer Marketing, Branding, and SEO Team, you will work together with the national team to develop and implement marketing campaigns to improve the Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer organization and brand through social media, our website, news media, and other avenues to increase awareness of the organization.
You work from home, and meetings are held Monday nights with other interns across the country via video conferencing. Volunteer Internship are 3-10 hours a week, and flexible with your schedule.
National Marketing and SEO Team Responsibilities:
- Research and create marketing material that will attract the different audiences to Up Cancer: young adult cancer survivors, friends, family, volunteers, and donors.
- Research ideas and develop the Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer brand
- As a team, you will research and identify different set of keywords for Up Cancer for young adult cancer survivors, caregivers, volunteers, and potential donors
- Work with Editorial and PR team, Legislative Liaison, Merchandising Team, and Education Events Coordinators interns to create marketing material and awareness events to the community and across the nation
- Work with Merchandise Team to create marketing pieces that will raise funds for Up Cancer
- Work with Editorial and PR team, to create monthly newsletters: as a Marketing Team, you will establish quarterly themes for the Up Cancer and Team Up Cancer
- Coordinate with, Editor and PR colleagues, Educational Events Coordinator to promote the events and prepare needed marketing materials.
- SEO writing (Meta Descriptions, alt tags, page titles etc.)
- Brainstorming, drafting, executing, and running analytics for various social media campaigns for clients and internal channels
- Develop, manage, and execute social media strategy for the US and the Americas
- Research other young adult cancer survivors’ organizations: learn what they are doing right and what is missing to address and educate the community
- Work with educational event interns to create educational and promotional material related to program activities including educational presentations, booths, workshops, demonstrations, speakers, special guests, musicians, etc.
- Work with Merchandise Team to create social media and SEO content to attract consumers for Up Cancer and the team
Interns do not pay any fees.
The internship is based on your schedule. Internships are available via semester, academic school year, or during the summer. Our goal is to help you build your resume for the future and gain a rich experience on how to work with a team and make a difference helping young adults dealing with cancer.
Interns will be supervised by CEO though email, phone calls, assign task via Trello.com, team communication flock.co and team work video conferencing