The Sr. Director of Human Resources (Sr. Dir-HR) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy & tactics in support of the overall business plan and strategic mission of Lakeside Chautauqua, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent acquisition, organizational and performance management, training and development, compensation & rewards. The Sr. Dir-HR provides strategic & operational leadership by articulating HR staffing needs and plans to the entire management team. This position works in concert with the senior team and reports directly to the President and CEO of Lakeside Chautauqua.
· This position is directly responsible for department leadership and indirectly responsible for all hourly, non-exempt, and salaried employees across the organization.
· Plan, implement, and evaluate HR practices that effectively communicate, align, and support Lakeside’s mission, vision, and strategic direction
· Work with the President/CEO and senior team to develop HR planning, and seasonal hiring strategies in support of overall business operations
· Function as a strategic business advisor to the President/CEO & senior management team regarding key leadership succession, organizational and management issues, processes and workforce development (i.e., diversity & inclusion)
· Implement effective HR processes & practice disciplines in recruitment, selection & onboarding (including background screenings), placement, training & leadership development, retention & engagement, and performance management in partnership with line & staff management
· Update employee handbooks (fulltime & seasonal); ensure compliance with all federal & state employment laws; handle OSHA practices & BWC claims; conduct investigations of employee complaints, employment discrimination & sexual harassment; work with legal counsel to resolve charges received from the OCRC & other agencies
· Develop Human Resources Information System (HRIS) or related data analytic software programs to support seasonal hiring, talent & performance management, & employment law compliance
· Ensure payroll is processed accurately bi-weekly and serve as a liaison with the payroll company
· Develop and implement wage & salary policy, and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective in northern Ohio
· Cover benefit plans that are offered to eligible staff and communicate all updates
· Manage the Summer Internship Program by providing recruitment, placement, & development assistance to operations & staff management
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above & below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Superb verbal and written communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal, team and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational, coaching & people development skills
· Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Exemplary management and leadership skills.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Knowledge of and experience with varied HRIS software systems.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or psychology preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least three years of senior HR experience
- Service sector work experience a plus preferably in resorts & hospitality
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, balance; specific vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Spend a portion of the day sitting at a desk, working at a computer and also a portion of the day walking community and engaging with staff. Must be able to lift up to 5 pounds at times. The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.