The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. Want to learn more about The Ringling?
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Ringling is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. As such, we are always seeking individuals dedicated to innovation and excellence. A successful candidate will work effectively, respectfully, and collaboratively in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We especially encourage applications by individuals from underrepresented groups, with a demonstrated commitment to a culturally and intellectually diverse workplace.
Should you require accommodations for the application or interview processes, please email email@example.com or call 941-359-5700 (ext. 1-2605).
Learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- Ringling Strategic Plan
- Ringling Equity Statement
- FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement
- FSU Diversity & Inclusion Statement
- FSU Strategic Plan
The Accounting Associate role is responsible for accounts payable and bookkeeping tasks in support of major accounting activities for Ringling. A typical day would include the following tasks:
- Processes and enters invoices, with accompanying purchase order and receipt information, and payments into financial software systems.
- Creates new vendor accounts or enters vendor updates in system.
- Daily retrieves invoices from FSU’s document management system and the mail.
- Obtains appropriate documentation from Museum staff in order to process the payment, including verifying all required approval signatures are in place.
- Matches invoices with purchase orders and receiving reports, verifying that information is correct, including all required approval signatures. Makes corrections as authorized and processes the payments in the OMNI or Financial Edge software system.
- Produces Ringling Foundation checks, obtaining check signatures, and mails checks.
- Monthly reviews vendor statements and follows up on past due amounts. Communicates with vendors concerning duplicate payments, credit adjustments, or invoice disputes.
- Maintains vendor information using the vendor profile form, maintaining W-9s, and enters new vendors in the Financial Edge software system. Ascertains if a vendor should be marked to receive an annual 1099 form.
- Maintains the paid invoice file. Retrieves paid invoices and other information requested by staff and auditors. Annually produces the Ringling Foundation 1099 forms, printing in draft for supervisor approval, then once approved by the Chief Financial Officer, prints and mails the forms to the vendors and the IRS. Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency and four years of appropriate experience or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to four years. Note: Higher education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and practices.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications, including Microsoft Excel and Outlook, and basic computer functions.
- Ability to learn applicable systems such as PeopleSoft and Financial Edge.
- Ability to compile, review, and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with close attention to detail and deadlines.
Please note, a work sample of Microsoft Excel will be administered if selected for interview.
- Previous experience in accounts payable.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Previous experence with PeopleSoft software.
- Previous experence with Financial Edge software.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
One of the nation’s elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Up to low $30,000 range based on education, experience, and skills of top candidate. Find out more about our benefits under the “FSU Total Rewards” section.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
Soft Money Funded Position
This position is time-limited based on soft money funding, with renewal contingent upon available funds and the needs of the University.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with a one hour lunch period.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans’ Preference, click here or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans’ Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.