Technology Instructor Internship
Paid Internships Available for Both Summer and Fall 2023
We are looking for an instructor for our Basic Computer classes over the 2023 fall semester (and potentially the spring semester as well). The classes are for adult Spanish-speakers who are in need of fundamental computer literacy skills in order to grow their options and opportunities in a technology driven world. Because our students speak mostly Spanish, we are looking for someone who is bilingual in Spanish and English, both in speaking and writing.
Each class is taught in person for a duration of 2 hours once a week for a period of 8-10 weeks.
The class schedule is as follows:
Monday Basic Computer
- Morning 10:00am-12:00pm
- Evening 5:00pm-7:00pm
For this internship we would prefer availability of 10-20 hours or more per week for at least one semester.
Be able to clearly and effectively teach a diverse age range of adult Spanish-speaking learners the following basic computer literacy content:
- Bilingual computer vocabulary, parts and functions (ex. keyboard, mouse, window, browser, etc.)
- How to use the mouse and how to type
- Copy & Paste
- Email creation and access
- Internet Search
- Internet Safety
- Desktop Icons and Functions
- Other fundamental computer literacy skills
Other duties may include:
- Be available to set up and tear down equipment for events or meetings.
- Participate in community events to learn about the organization and expand RPM’s social media in a non-profit setting.
- Complete other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English skills are required
- Strong listening and relationship skills with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills required
- Commitment to mission of Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Interest in Communications and/or Fund Raising and/or Marketing preferred
About us: Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases.. For more information about our organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
Roosevelt Park Ministries