Technology and Social Media Marketing Intern
Available Spring, Summer, and Fall 2023
We are looking for a Donor Relations Specialist who can help build and maintain relationships with our supporters through Social Media and Marketing efforts.
Work alongside Director of Operations to assist with social media, newsletters, marketing, and donor relations at Roosevelt Park Ministries, a non-profit organization located in the Roosevelt Park area of Grand Rapids. We are seeking two interns to work as technology and marketing assistants. These opportunities will allow the interns to utilize Spanish skills while fulfilling the technology and marketing needs of the agency. For this internship we would prefer availability of 10 hours or more per week for at least one semester. The days and hours are negotiable. This internship is unpaid.
- Be willing to teach one or two sections of basic computer classes.
- Be available to set up and tear down equipment for events or meetings.
- Maintain a social media presence, for example, creating social media posts announcing upcoming events or highlighting topics important to our members.
- Manage donor relations and work to expand the donor base. Communicate with staff and the board of directors to facilitate social media presence and campaigns.
- Participate in community events to learn about the organization and expand RPM’s social media in a non-profit setting.
- Be willing to design and write one newsletter each quarter, and then format, print and disseminate it to current and potential donors.
- Spanish minor or major and bi-lingual Spanish/English skills not required, but welcomed (if you are in a class that requires utilization of the Spanish language, we can set goals for that)
- Strong listening and relationship skills with a history of treating people with dignity and respect
- Basic computer skills required
- Commitment to mission of Roosevelt Park Ministries
- Interest in Communications and/or Fund Raising and/or Marketing preferred
About us: Roosevelt Park Ministries provides Christ-centered, holistic support to individuals and families living in and around the Roosevelt Park area. RPM bridges a community in need by promoting the development of strong families and community leaders, fostering an environment that celebrates inclusion, and providing opportunities to build strong economic bases.. For more information about our organization, visit http://rooseveltparkministries.org/.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roosevelt Park Ministries