Purpose of Position:
Rockford Christian School teachers are student focused professionals who fulfill the mission of RC as the most significant school-related influence on student achievement. Rockford Christian School teachers are supported and empowered through a shared vision of learning to foster a school culture of academic excellence and spiritual growth where learners flourish.
- School Year
- Salaried / Contracted Employee (+ additional lab stipends, if applicable to the teaching assignment)
- Full Time Benefit Eligible / School Year
Reports To: Head of Lower School (PreK-4th Grade) / Head of Upper School (5th-12th Grade)
Evaluated By: Head of Lower School (PreK-4th Grade) / Head of Upper School (5th-12th Grade)
Direct Reports: None
- Minimum of a BS/BA required or in pursuit of a degree.
- Applicable ACSI Certification or is able to obtain certification.
- In agreement with the Rockford Christian School (RC) Statement of Faith.
- Active member/regular attendee of Bible believing church and committed to growth in his/her relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Committed to the mission of RC: The mission of Rockford Christian School is to challenge young people to know Christ as Lord, apply God’s truth to all areas of life, love others sacrificially, and achieve the highest level of knowledge and skill in order to serve God & others.
- A teacher and learner at heart who loves students of all ages and exudes enthusiasm for shepherding the growth of children.
- Characterized with integrity and maintains confidentiality.
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates consistent spiritual leadership.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Adapts communication style to suit different audiences.
- Uses multiple strategies to deliver instruction that meets the needs of learners.
- Exhibits initiative for working with minimal direct supervision.
- Ensures the RC mission drives all curricular and extracurricular activities.
- Exhibits a love of teaching and a passion to see each student succeed.
- Integrates a biblical worldview in daily instruction that examines God’s creation, man’s brokenness, the redemption of Christ, and God’s future restoration. Coupled with classroom discussion, faculty create learning experiences that provide opportunities for students to know Christ as Lord, apply God’s truth to all areas of life, love others sacrificially, and achieve the highest level of knowledge and skill in order to serve God & others.
- Develops trusting, productive relationships with students in order to create a safe, positive, and productive learning environment.
- Possesses knowledge about cognitive, social, and emotional development of learners including how students learn at any given developmental level, how students progress in a certain subject area, awareness of individual needs and abilities, how to tailor instruction to meet each learner’s needs, and how to assess learning appropriate for the age and content area.
- Demonstrates expertise in a given content or subject area as well as knowledge of the standards, learning targets, and appropriate materials for the student age and content area.
- Solicits feedback from students to self-reflect on their own teaching, set goals for improvement, and grow in the craft of teaching.
- Engages in ongoing professional growth conversations with Division Principal.
- Demonstrates patience, care, and kindness for all learners and families.
- Partners with parents through effective, consistent communication.
- Serves as a collaborative, productive team member who participates in school events, department meetings, and other committee work that enhances the experience for faculty and students at Rockford Christian School.
- All other duties as assigned.