Make your mark. Whether you intend to specialize or you’d rather gain exposure across many service lines, the sky’s the limit. From day one, we invite you to make a difference—to be remarkable.
What does diversity, equity, and inclusion mean to Plante Moran? It means that all staff members have equitable and fair opportunities to succeed, in an inclusive environment, with their individual, unique identities.
No busy work here. As an intern, you’ll be treated just like our entry level staff. You’ll help instill confidence in organizations large and small by assuring their financial health. We’ll give you the flexibility to craft business solutions, not just spreadsheets. Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Considering tax issues associated with mergers and acquisitions.
- Researching complex tax issues and write technical memorandum.
- Assisting with international tax structuring and operational issues.
- Preparing tax returns and serve as an integral part of engagement teams for clients.
- Assisting with National Tax Office functions, such as writing internal and external tax alerts on current tax developments and emerging planning techniques.
- Assisting with internal tax education function.
- Assist with handling the tax aspects of transactions.
- Meaningful interactions with staff at all levels as well as with our impressive repertoire of clients.
- Deepen knowledge in tax and tax consulting through exposure to both service lines.
- Detail-oriented leader with problem solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong interest in tax law, as demonstrated by tax courses completed or planned before graduation
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting; or Master’s degree in accounting or tax.
- Must be pursuing a LLM, JD, or CPA license.
- Academic success (a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0).
What makes us different?
On the surface, we’re one of the nation’s largest audit, tax, consulting, and wealth management firms. But dig a little deeper, and you’ll see what makes us different: we’re a relatively jerk-free firm (hey, nobody ‘s perfect) with a world-class culture and an endless array of opportunities.
We’re consistently recognized as one of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” “Best Workplaces for Women,” and “Best Workplaces for Parents” — distinctions awarded to us based on confidential feedback from our staff. And we live out our “We care” culture everyday—we care about our staff, clients, and communities—with one of the lowest staff turnovers in our industry. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now.
This is a non-exempt position and may require work hours that exceed the standard 40-hour work week. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
Plante Moran is committed to a diverse workplace. We strive to create a culture where each person feels accepted and valued. We believe that each person’s ultimate potential begins with first acknowledging their inherent dignity. When we can recognize — and celebrate — our many human differences, we’re able to create a workplace where all staff feel a sense of belonging and an opportunity to succeed. This allows us to attract and retain the best talent, serve clients through diverse thinking, and better represent and support the various communities in which we live and work. Plante Moran is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Plante Moran maintains a drug-free workplace.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of interest in our positions, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship, with the exception of qualified candidates who are bilingual in either Japanese and English or Chinese and English. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Plante Moran.
The specific statements above are not intended to be all-inclusive.
The compensation ranges listed on this posting reflect differences based on geographical region.