Responsible for providing strategic leadership and supervision of the College’s educational technology programming, online courses, and robust suite of programs. Evaluates and recommends innovative concepts, technologies, and delivery modes of online, hybrid learning and classroom technology ensuring the exemplary quality of online courses.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and policies for online learning, performs yearly program assessments, and provides ongoing budgetary analysis.
- Identifies and implements best practices for distance learning pedagogy to ensure the quality and effectiveness of distance education course programming.
- Ensures compliance with accreditation standards for distance learning.
- Identifies and researches new revenue streams for the College and enhanced educational experiences for students relating to online programming.
- Builds strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Evaluates recruitment success, enhances the regional, national and international reputation of the College through marketing and recruitment efforts.
- Develops program plans and budgets, monitors assigned program budgets and initiates special funding.
- Ensures that all activities are conducted within the established College policies, FERPA guidelines and other applicable laws pertaining to employment and education.
- Plans, manages, and supervises the implementation of work plans for grants.
- Guides, leads, reviews, verifies, observes, and manages the work of people reporting directly and indirectly to you. Monitors and evaluates the performance of your
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree
- Six years of related experience, with two years of experience implementing distance learning programs
- Online Course Management systems (i.e., Blackboard, Canvas or similar)
- Knowledge of online accessibility and ADA requirements
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar application
- Reducing equity gaps for traditionally under-resourced populations
- Leading teams in evolving and rapidly changing online course and program production environments
- Using research-based approaches to design and implement new online and digital learning initiatives and processes
- Innovating, planning, developing, and producing quality instruction and student services delivered via technology