Under direction of the Literacy Administrator in the Office of Approaches to Teaching and Professional Learning:
· Monitors the Reading Achievement Plan email account and participates in the review of district reading achievement plans;
- Conducts education policy research and analysis;
- Writes reviews of the current literature and research on language and literacy development.
- Presents research results in written and graphical formats;
- Prepares presentations for stakeholder engagement;
- Compiles monthly reports for the State Board of Education;
- Interprets and communicates legislation, administrative code and budgetary documents.
Provides daily assistance and support to staff for various office functions:
- Maintains databases (e.g., inputs information, sorts and filters information, generates reports);
- Retains and organizes electronic and hard copy files;
- Assists office staff in development and distribution of materials for the Center for Curriculum and Assessment.
Performs other related duties as assigned:
- Attends meetings as assigned;
- Performs routine clerical work.
· Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong interpersonal skills; desire to work as part of a team and interact with the education community.
· Interested in education policy and research and federal grants management
· Experience working in a professional environment
· This position is located in Columbus, Ohio and compensation is $14.72 hourly for undergraduate students and $17.91 hourly for graduate students.
· The final candidate selected for this position will be required to undergo a criminal background check as well as other investigative reviews. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position, unless restricted under state or federal law or federal restrictions. An individual assessment of an applicant’s prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.