Responsible for managing customer activities including demand, shipping schedules, and customer specific requirements with focus on ensuring acceptable customer rating performance.
- Demand maintenance, review and forecasting while assisting with maintaining optimal inventory levels.
- Monitor customer EDI and ERP data and communication with customer on any issues which may affect delivery timing.
- Track inbound and outbound premium freight costs.
- Assist in preparing instructions, procedures, and systems to improve and implement in all areas of influence.
- Responsible for customer shipment scheduling, customer systems maintenance, delivery routing maintenance, ERP data maintenance and data entry of any manual customer orders/releases.
- Interface with customers and suppliers to ensure resolution of issues
- Identify any shipment which may not be met, proactively communicate and follow escalation procedure if delivery dates are threatened.
- Identify, assist with resolution
- Maintain Kendrick Plastics systems to ensure all part numbers, customer id and product data information flows through the system in a timely manner.
- Develop initial parameters and inventory plans for launch or EC materials for supplied, WIP, and finished goods
- Participate in EC/CN and launch meetings and lead launch, ECN, and obsolescence events.
- Maintain item parameters to maximize delivery while minimizing inventory overstock.
- Participation in physical inventory and cycle count activities as required
- Establish freight routing to meet budgeted targets and delivery needs.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, implement and measure.
- Develop and/or improve process, instructions, and procedures for areas of influence.
- Assist materials manager with establishing performance goals and development plans for new and established employees.
- Corrects and improve actions in respective area with regards to employee and customer satisfaction.
- Applies corrective action process when potential issues/ risk are identified and assist with risk assessment.
- Support the development and execution of action plans to resolve constraints within the plant.
- Assist and support with plant layout, floor space and material flow optimization.
- Lead and support activities driving inventory accuracy to 98% of higher
- Ensure compliance to all KMS.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and / or minimum of 5 years of previous Supply Chain experience.
- Position is in Grand Rapids. Must have a regular presence at the facility.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and email.
- Understanding of MRP inputs and outputs.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to process time sensitive information and orders and meet deadlines.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to properly prioritize tasks.
- Ability to accurately and effectively communicate to co-workers, customers and management.
- Ability to influence others to ensure customer requirements are met
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Plex ERP system experience preferred.
- Travel – 25% or as needed to meet organization needs.
- Strong computer (excel, word processing, email, etc) and math skills.
- Ability to prioritize workday schedule and work with minimal Supervision.
- Ability to speak, read, and write clearly in English.
- Must be able to perform satisfactorily within the requirements for hours and physical location.
- Management Manufacturing