Seasonal Zoo Membership Representative
Be part of the adventure! John Ball Zoo welcomes over 500,000 visitors a year to make memories and experience what it means to be active participants in the conservation of wildlife and wild places. We are hiring passionate and driven individuals to join the mission and help provide a memorable experience for our guest with a focus on increasing membership sales for John Ball Zoo.
What we are looking for: Seasonal Zoo Membership Representative
The Membership Services Representative will be in a guest-facing role dedicated to increasing on-site membership sales, processing new and renewing memberships, and providing exceptional customer service. The Membership Services Representative will provide assistance in a variety of capacities depending upon business needs. Weekend and occasional holiday availability is required. Specifically, the successful candidate will;
- Engage enthusiastically with the goal of increasing on-site membership sales, renewals, and upgrades
- Efficiently explain multifaceted information like membership discounts and benefits to a diverse audience
- Address inquiries regarding membership sales and general guest/member questions regarding John Ball Zoo
- Perform correctly-formatted data entry while maintaining conversation with guests
- Maintain outstanding customer service to new, renewing, and prospective members
- Accurately operate a computer/cash register and credit card processing equipment
- Work in tandem with the Guest Services and Admissions team, as needed
- Support the Marketing Department in communications with members of John Ball Zoo
- Understand the vital role that the membership program plays in funding zoo operations and conservation efforts
Experience and Skills
- Exceptional customer service and consultative skills
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with various individuals and groups including Zoo staff, members, donors and the general public.
- Data entry proficiency and familiarity with computer software programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be available to work assigned shifts including weekends, holidays, or evening hours
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner.
- High school diploma or GED, and minimum age of 18 years. At least one year of customer service experience is required.
Must be able to work in somewhat close proximity to exotic and domestic animals and tolerate exposure to animal dander, animal wastes and other zoonotic contaminants as well as dust, dirt, pollen and other airborne contaminants and occasional exposure to inclement weather, high humidity, and to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.