The Scribe is tasked with assisting providers with documentation of care and additional clerical tasks. Primarily the role of the scribe is to utilize the Electronic Medical Records to document the interaction between the provider and patient. Scribes accompany a designated provider throughout their shift, assisting in documentation and other clerical tasks that the provider may have. Scribes are exposed to all elements of healthcare. All Scribes will go through the GVSU Scribe Academy, which includes clinical training with our dedicated training team. After successful completion of clinical training they will provide scribe services to the chosen location.
· Area college student enrolled or interested in pursuing a healthcare professional career. Or an individual who has obtained a college degree in a health or science related field. Exceptions may be made for individuals with compelling backgrounds.
· GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred shown on college transcript.
· Type approximately 60-65 WPM.
· Have a knowledge of medical terminology and willingness to continuously learn.
· Able to work 4-5 shifts per week, for a total of 36-40 hours/week.
· Commitment of at least 12 months from hire and 900+ hours after hire.
· Must have reliable transportation to all locations expected to work within region.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 15 lbs., and work in a fast-paced environment.
· Utilize the EMR to accurately and efficiently document a patient encounter.
· Record the history of present illness, symptoms, physical examination, diagnostic studies, results, course of care, physician communication and treatment.
· Work closely and directly with appropriate administrative teams.
· Maintain, organize and continuously update multiple patient charts simultaneously.
· Ability to multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
· Possible travel between all assigned locations.
· This position pays an hourly rate of $12/hour. There is an additional 401K and profit- sharing plan available upon working for 1 year and 1,000 hours. Health benefits (including vision and dental) are available.
For more information & to apply, visit: www.gvsu.edu/scribe