Remote Finance Analyst Internship (for Credit/CPT/OPT)
About this Job
Esurgi is looking for a motivated and self-driven Finance Analyst Intern from April to September. Finance Analyst Intern at Esurgi will be the de facto financial officer for an early stage company, with the major tasks of performing realistic valuation.
- Use Excel to perform and execute on financial analysis, including market opportunities and unmet material economic needs.
- Review, perform and document realistic valuations of the company and its products and assist with pitch decks. Estimate equity value using company comparables
- Develop a detailed financial forecast and plan for the early-stage, including the balance sheet.
- Help to develop and execute a financial strategy and framework for the start-up. This includes financial KPIs, a path of growth, and driving measurable value.
- Help to form relationships within healthcare and health tech startup finance community
- Help with tax matters and filing, such as federal, state and franchise taxes.
- Help to make decisions involving shares, such as authorized vs outstanding and develop associated fillings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Pursuing a degree (advanced preferred) in or experience with Finance (preferred) Accounting, financial analysis, Economics, or a related field
- Experience with (preferred) or knowledgeable of (required) valuation analyses, such as DCF and three statements.
- Experience in an early-stage, VC or PE is optional and valued
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills to be able to work directly with the CEO
- Opportunity to showcase your financial skills and experience as a well-rounded financial executive (person of all trades) to aid with getting a job in the future.
- The candidate will report up to the CEO, a former operations leader with P&L responsibility for up to 1B USD.
- Though this is an unpaid internship, you have the ability to use experience for internship credit, or optional curricular practical training (OPT or CPT)
- Increase or develop your experience in the healthcare industry.
Esurgi is a bio-health technology early-stage company. Our executives have built and developed successful companies. One of the companies in the Fortune Magazine as the World’s Most Admired Companies and Forbes Fast Tech 25. About our Internships: An archetypical internship at Esurgi is essentially a special project in the work setting. The interns will be assigned a mentor with an executive background. We will develop an internship plan. The intern and mentor will meet regularly to review the progress and plan of the intern. Typical conversations: How would you measure this in that context? I am curious about why you did not suggest those approaches. Given these available data sources, what would be your approach to calculating that?