Assistant Teacher Job Description
We are looking for an assistant teacher to work in our Summer Care program running until August 22nd. The job role would then transition to work in our young preschool and aftercare program during the school year.
When families choose our programs, they are enrolling their child in a welcoming individualized nurturing environment centered in God and in service to others. We are a state licensed Child Care program that focuses on the individual needs of each child. We accept all students from surrounding school districts to enroll in our programs.
The goal of a Divine Providence Academy teacher is to provide a safe and secure learning environment for families and children. The teacher will work in a collaborative environment to support children as learners and foster independence to get them ready socially and academically for preschool.
Qualifications for Teachers
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Co-teach with other teachers in the classroom
- Collaborate on lesson plans and instructional material and provide appropriate hands-on activities to meet the needs of each pupil.
- Complete monthly trainings to comply with Child Care Licensing requirements
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of emails, notes, phone calls, and in person communication.
- Create an environment for learning both indoors and outdoors for all students.
Please send resume, letter of introduction, and a diocesan employment application to:
Early Childhood Director
Divine Providence Academy
C: (616) 862-4626