DAP is a leading marketer of home repair and construction products, including latex caulks, silicone sealants, contact cements, construction adhesives, glues, glazing, spackling, insulating foams and patch and repair products. You’ll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders and do-it-yourselfers, and in 60,000 retail outlets, ranging from home centers and mass merchandisers to your local hardware, pro contractor channels and paint stores. DAP’s eight manufacturing and distribution facilities in the United States of America and Canada service North America and the world. The “DAP Stars” represent its 775 strong associates around the world which support its vision to produce and market America’s best home repair products. DAP was recently voted one of “Baltimore’s Best Places to Work” for the second time! Learn more about DAP’s history, culture and benefits at www.dap.com/careers/
We are searching for a high energy Product Marketing Manager to join the DAP brand and be a part of accelerating growth in this key category. This integral role will assist the Sr Product Manager in defining and commercializing disruptive innovations; to capture share with DIY and Professional end-users.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Direct market research and market intelligence gathering to ensure understanding of applications, users, competition and market trends. Analyze and leverage data and insights to develop and formulate category and product recommendations.
- Conduct early-stage opportunity assessment, ideation and concept development for a new product opportunity from ideation to market launch
- Manage product portfolio to develop and promote new products and optimize and grow existing product lines
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape, business developments and market trends to identify strategic opportunities and ensure product offering is properly positioned
- Assist Sr. Product Manager in developing product roadmaps for key product segments
- Driving new product development activities through Stage-Gate product management and market research
- Ensuring profitability within the assigned market segments, including supporting the product commercialization process
- Define and develop product positioning, messaging, feature specifications, unique selling proposition and pricing strategies
- Execute packaging process to ensure products are marketed at lowest possible cost and in accordance with corporate branding strategies, as well as executing the development, design and production of literature, signage and marketing materials
- Conduct professional presentations to internal teams and key strategic retail accounts
- Present new products at industry trade shows with passion an enthusiasm
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- At least 2 years product management experience
- Consumer Packaged Goods and/or Hardware & Home Improvement industry experience preferred
- Experience developing new products for market including definition of concepts, positioning, features, benefits and pricing
- Ability to understand consumer needs and market research and translate these into successful new product offerings and product improvements
- Ability to utilize data and analytics to make informed business decisions
- Demonstrated success managing multiple product launch cycles, from idea generation to product delivery
- Significant record of consistent accomplishment and outstanding results
- Profit & loss management
- Ability to juggle, structure and lead complex projects, monitor progress against key milestones and deliver on time and on budget
- Ability to develop and structure consumer communication that resonates with target audience
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ERP Systems (SAP, Business Objects, etc.)
- There is 25% travel (local, regional and national) associated with this position
- Technical Understanding & Business Acumen: Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills to perform the job at a high level. Understands various types of business propositions and how the business operates. Learn new methods and technologies easily.
- Learning Agility: Learns quickly when facing new problems. Is a relentless and versatile learner and is open to change. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly discern the underlying structure of new challenges.
- Strategic Agility: See ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends. Is future oriented and offers broad knowledge and perspective. Can scenario plan multiple possibilities and anticipate outcomes.
- Strong Leadership: Injects a spark of energy and excitement onto all active projects, is the motor that compels cross functional teams to take ownership over projects. Provides the essential critical thinking to determine the necessary approaches to get things done. Offers good judgement about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; can facilitate effective brainstorming, can project how potential ideas could play out in the marketplace.
- Create New & Different: Ability to recognize the next great breakthrough. Is creative, a visionary, and can create and bring exciting ideas to market.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard and is full of energy, steadfastly pushing self and other for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully and is consistently a top performer.
- Strong Project Management Skills: Can effectively manage multiple projects at once. Demonstrates strong organization of project schedules and manages conflicting timelines to ensure milestones are completed in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of the organization. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Is clear, concise and persuasive. Experience creating and presenting business proposals, handling objections and overcoming obstacles
- Strong attention to detail; strong multi-tasking ability as well as ability to manage deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and proactive individual who strives for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Cross functional leadership and team work. Self-confident, verbalizes problem solving skills, demonstrates initiative, manages and motivates team.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as direct, truthful and can make a case in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Must have a can-do attitude and the desire to go above and beyond in all you do!
DAP is an equal opportunity employer