Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care — integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing — to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week, located at an Enhanced Care Facility in Wood Village, OR (NE Portland). The schedule is Sunday through Wednesday, 9:00 pm to 7:30 am.
The Counselor II works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment, providing individual and group therapy, case management and psycho-social programming for persons with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) residing in an Enhanced Care Facility (ECF). Employee will work collaboratively with the Enhanced Care Facilities Managers and Supervisors, however, direct supervision will be received from the Program Manager at Cascadia. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals.
- Must meet the requirement to be credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA) through MHACBO. A QMHA requires a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university , three years full time related work experience in mental health, or a combination of the two (an equivalency of three years). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR’s.
- Note: All QMHA qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by incumbents who are officially certified or who meet eligibility qualifications to register with MHACBO as a QMHP. If you are not currently registered, you will need to be registered if you become employed with Cascadia. For more details on QMHA certification and registration, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Experience working in a long term care facilities or residential settings and/or experience working with individuals coping with a serious mental illness. Experience working with older adults is a plus
- Understanding strength based cased management philosophies and strategies, knowledge of accepted treatment practices
- Able to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and illness management recovery
- Proficiency in operating computer hardware and software (including EMR software)
- Driving may be required at some of our locations. If required, a three year clean driving history is required
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 503.963.7654
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)