Development & Event Planning Intern
Now Accepting Applications For:
Winter / Spring 2024
The Development & Event Planning Intern will have the opportunity to provide hands-on office & development support and assist in planning and executing ACT’s fundraising events.
ACT empowers individuals with disabilities to learn, grow and celebrate through the arts. To learn more about ACT, see our website at www.artistscreatingtogether.org.
Duties & Educational Opportunities
- Event support for small and large fundraising events (varies by semester) – opportunities to lead various aspects of the events from start to finish and/or support Advancement Director in execution
- Assist with gift entry into donor database
- Contribute content to social media platforms and ideas for promotional materials to promote events
- Participate in recruitment of volunteers to support events and event preparations
Reports to: Advancement Director
10-25 hours/week (consistent weekly schedule, with some exceptions for special events)
Preferred hours include:
- Generally between the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday
- Monday or Tuesday evening until 6:30pm
- Flexibility for pre-planned special events during weeknights and weekends
Skills & Characteristics
- Reliable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about the mission of ACT; the arts/cultural community and offering programs to people with disabilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Internships generally follow with the semester schedule, with some flexibility as needed. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and a completed application form (available on ACT website) to email@example.com.
This opportunity is unpaid. Academic credit available.
Artists Creating Together – 1140 Monroe Ave NW Ste 4101, Grand Rapids, MI 49503 – 616.885.5866 – artistscreatingtogether.org