Leadership Development Program
Develop leadership skills. Build networking connections with leaders in West Michigan. Develop a mentoring relationship with Aquinas alumni working in your prospective industry.
What is the Leadership Development Program?
The Leadership Development Program aims to help students find success in finding a career, developing their leadership and professional skills. Learn what it takes to work in your prospective field through mentorship relationships with AQ Alumni, networking events, and more!
Develop professional skills
- Grow your leadership and teamwork skills
- Learn how, when and where to network
- Gain confidence in talking to prospective employers
Opportunities for Growth
- Career events that put skills to practice
- Develop understandings on professional etiquette at corporate functions
- Work with peers to gain experience and solve real world business problems
Get a head start on your career
- Perfect your resume
- Learn about potential career paths through mentorship and networking
- Mentorship opportunities with an alumni mentor within your field of study
The Ford Leadership Forum is an initiative of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation that offers service opportunities, mentoring programs, and resources such as essays, articles, seminars and public programs.
About the Ford Leadership Forum
The Ford Leadership Forum is an initiative of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation that seeks to honor the 38th President’s legacy of public service. We aspire to cultivate within the rising generations the virtues that President Ford exhibited in both his public and private lives and are essential to a well-functioning democracy: commitment to the common good; the ability to work cooperatively and respectfully with political opponents; a mode of discourse that encourages civility without giving up on principle and conviction; a recognition that statesmanship requires a combination of goodwill, tolerance, honesty, personal integrity, and prudential and well-informed decision-making. We will encourage in today’s youth, through a series of educational and mentoring programs, the cultivation of classical virtues long associated with public life, among them: courage, magnanimity, prudence, patience, moderation, honesty, and justice.
Image from: https://www.fordlibrarymuseum.gov/
“The Ford Forum,” an initiative of the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation, is inspired by President Ford’s virtue-anchored leadership. It has three programmatic aims:
The Ford Leadership Forum is built on four pillars to advance President Ford’s legacy and develop emerging leaders:
- Mentoring and internship opportunities;
- Workshops that help communities find common ground for the greater good;
- Curated online content around the theme of virtue-anchored leadership; and
- Deep-study seminars and web content that probe the challenges we face as a nation, as leaders, and as citizens.