Alumni Spotlight – Manuel Lopez

Meet one of our Aquinas College alumni, Manuel Lopez!

About the Alum

Manuel graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology – Exercise Science with a Business Administration Minor. Manuel was a member of the varsity soccer team as well as an active member of the Latinx Student Association.

He was attracted to the friendly atmosphere at Aquinas College and the close proximity to home (as a commuter student). Manuel completed multiple internships at Aquinas College. Manuel is an area manager at Amazon.

Favorite Memory

My favorite memory at Aquinas was meeting all my friends – which happened because Tony Dennis invited me to go get lunch with him after Professor Kilcrease’s World History class.

And, my internships! I was an intern at a non-profit youth soccer club called Michigan Power Futbol Academy. I also coached several games for the club and received praise from players, parents, and rivals. It was such a good feeling!

Advice For New Students

Get involved on campus! It’s a great way to make new friends and to give back to the Aquinas community.

Fun fact – I collect Pokémon merchandise and Funko Pops. Find something that makes you happy too.

By Dana Hebreard
Dana Hebreard Director, Advantage Center and Career Services